Sunday, January 25, 2009

This Morning's Poem

I WAS THERE
By Bobette Bryan

I was there
on the day you were born,
and I gave you special gifts
to last a lifetime.

I touched you,
made you smile,
helped you grow,
and watched you take your first step.

I even reassured you
that all would be OK
when you lost your first tooth.

I saw you off
on your first day of school
and I lingered by your side
the whole day.

I was there
to console you
every time you cried
and I held you
every time you fell
and scrapped your knees.

I was there
every day all through the years,
and I always strived to give you direction.

I helped you every step of the way into adulthood,
bringing you daily gifts
of inspiration, hope and love.

And I gave you trials
so that you could grow into the
warm and beautiful person you are…
but I never abandoned you to them.

I’ve never,
not for a single second,
turned my back on you
when you needed me…
even when you thought
that you didn’t need me.

I heard you
every time you spoke,
and I answered every prayer
though sometimes-
for your best interests-
I didn’t answer them
the way you hoped I would.

I’m still with you
through your Joys,
your hopes,
your tears,
your dreams…
through the bad days,
the good days-
through every day of your life.

And I will be there
in the end
to give you comfort
and to see you safely Home
where you’ll sit beside Me
in all the glory of Heaven.

Love-
God

No comments: